Pyer Moss — Assistant Men’s Designer
New York, NY
Pyer Moss is looking for a motivated and experienced Assistant Men’s Designer. This person will work directly with the Lead Men’s Designer to take collections from concept to reality. We are looking for candidates with creative but highly organized minds and a track record of success designing high apparel.
- Work closely with the Lead Men’s Designer to design category-specific product based on design direction given.
- Translate sketches into detailed CADs
- Perform daily follow-up to ensure design stays on track
- Interact with buyers and vendors to develop working partnership.
- Prepare presentation boards for meetings with effective delegation to freelancers and interns.
- Observe presentation techniques and be prepared to make preliminary presentations.
- Perform design research
- Comment on lab dips, wash submits and finishes with supervisor approval.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College degree in Fashion Production/Technical Design/Patternmaking or 2 years of professional experience in apparel design
- High proficiency in Photoshop Illustrator and/or InDesign. Must know how to CAD as well as sketch by hand.
- Detail oriented, with knowledge of pattern making, draping, garment construction and grading.
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize work on a continual basis, and work with limited supervision.
*Please include your most up to date portfolio along with your resume, cover letter, and any other relevant materials with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org *
Pyer Moss Apparel Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.